YOUR AGENT. YOUR ADVOCATE. YOUR ADVISOR.
After growing up in the suburbs of Atlanta and earning a Bachelor of Journalism from the University of Missouri School of Journalism, I moved to the Washington, D.C. area in 2009 to work as a newspaper reporter. My husband and I recently completed a two-year overseas tour with the State Department. We currently live in Reston, where we purchased our first home in 2014.
I help clients in their search for real estate in Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C. in any price range, from condos to townhouses and single family homes. I serve as an advocate, trusted advisor and master negotiator for my clients. My goal is to assist you in the sale, purchase, rental or lease of your home with the utmost honesty, integrity and enthusiasm, while making the entire process as stress-free as possible. I specialize in helping renters moving to the metro D.C. area for their jobs, government employees, first-time homebuyers and foreign service officers who are looking to buy and then rent out their property when they return overseas.
Here's what you can expect from me:
- Superior customer service — My customer service never stops, even when the transaction closes. Clients often call me to help with issues that arise with landlords or property management companies, when they need a referral for a home service provider or just to say "hi."
- Constant flow of information — Active clients receive weekly email updates, featuring market activity about the price point, location and style of home they're interested in, properties that we're looking into or viewing, and informative real estate articles. Clients under contract also receive the above information, plus a timeline of upcoming appointments and deadlines and a spreadsheet of tasks to be accomplished.
- The market moves fast, and so do I — Those years of running to meet newsroom deadlines has positioned me for success in real estate. I'm quick to respond via call, email or text; no more lag time between asking questions and getting answers. Did a hot property just come on the market today? Don't wait for this weekend's open house, let's go today! My schedule is built around you.
- Extensive use of technology — No more digging through your email for the latest signed addendum; keep track of deadlines with ease and have access to resources at your fingertips with Google Drive and Calendar. Driving around a neighborhood and want to see what's for sale in real time? We have an app for that! Tied up with a late meeting at work and can't make it to see a house? Let me go for you and FaceTime you in; my honest, no-nonsense feedback allow you to feel as if you're there, no traveling needed. And when it comes time to move (and change your address on everything) and set up home services, we have a Virtual Moving Concierge to make the transition seamless.
- Meticulous attention to detail and proactive in anticipating what's next — I manage the entire home buying and selling process for you to make it as stress-free and enjoyable as possible. I schedule (and attend) all inspections, coordinate paperwork for all necessary parties involved and handle all the behind-the-scenes work.
- Positive outlook — I'm enthusiastic, energetic and hard-working. I am your cheerleader, coach and trusted advisor. Your goals are my goals, and together we can make a great team.
I am a member of the National Association of REALTORS (NAR), the Northern Virginia Association of REALTORS (NVAR) and the Greater Capital Area Association of REALTORS (GCAAR). I hold a REALTOR designation, which means I am held to the professional standards of the above associations and their codes of ethics.
Outside of work, I am a mom to our son Noah, and our family enjoys playing with our 6-year-old Sheltie named Lily and traveling. I also serve on the Board of Directors for my neighborhood.
Check out my real estate blog here!